Friday, October 29, 2010

buchimgae (Korean Vegetable Pancake)

Buchimgae or Jijimi (Korean Vegetable Pancake)






I first ate buchimgae or Jijimi at a Korean Restaurant near UST, which is Santorini.. it is delicious but others may not appreciate it because it is made out of vegetables. I always enjoyed eating korean dishes because of the different textures and flavors that you can taste when eating it.


Whenever I like to cook something, I always check recipes online and then I look for ingredients that are available at our refrigerator. My mom is the one who buys ingredients, I just happen to combine them to create something new. Its my job to do that. I searched for recipes for Korean Vegetable Pancake and luckily I saw two.. I combined the two recipe and turn it into one constructed meal. It worked out and it is a success.

Can I consider it my own now because I experimented on what will work and what will not? Its a problem here in the Philippines because of limited resources, you really should need to find korean specialty shops and grocery, but with the recipe I combine, it is easier to find ingredients in this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 egg
1 cup water
Salt
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
Olive Oil


  • Combine flour, egg,  water, salt into a bowl, until it becomes a batter
  • Add Cabbage, Green Onions, and Carrots
  • Mix Well until vegetables are covered with batter.


Batter with Vegetables
  • Heat a Nonstick Pan and pour olive oil for pan frying
  • Pour batter mixture into the Pan
  • Cook 4 minutes each side until it is golden brown

Frying the Batter
  • After it is cooked, cut it into quarters before serve it
  • Serve it with sauce (soy sauce, sugar, vinegar) and kimchi

Eat and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment